Some MERCEDES BENZ Omnibusse Manuals PDF & Fault Codes DTC are above this page.
Mercedes-Benz Omnibusse has been producing buses since 1895 in Mannheim, Germany.
1967 - on the shores of the Bosphorus, founded the Otomosan company for the production of buses. The assembly was carried out at the Davutpaşa plant in Istanbul. The production volumes were constantly growing, and the modest capacities of the Istanbul enterprise were not enough. The company owned 36% of the shares. The remaining 64% were divided on an equal footing by two Turkish companies - Mengerler Ticaret T.A.S and Has Otomotiv. The first model released was the Mercedes O302.
In 2 years after the start of production, Otomosan began to export its products and did a good job at it. Of the 42,000 buses issued since 1968, more than 17,000 were sent outside of Turkey.
1986 - the plant in Aksaray was opened.
1990, November - the Turkish division of Daimler-Benz AG was named Mercedes-Benz Turk A.S. Before that, it was known as "Otomosan".
1993 - the first stone was laid at the base of another plant - "Hoshdere" near Istanbul, which two years later became part of the operating.
The bus bodies were welded to the factory in Davutpas, then they were transported to Hoshder where they were painted and finally collected.
1995 - the Mercedes bus department became part of the EvoBus GmbH group, owned by the transnational concern Daimler Chrysler AG.
In 2004, a total of 2,013 buses were built in Hoshdere, of which Tourismo - 1327 units, Intouro - 193 units, Conecto - 583 units.
2005 - Mercedes-Benz Turk A.S. acts as a Turkish importer of Mercedes vans, minibuses and cars. At present, this scheme is partially preserved. Skeletons of urban Conecto and tourist Tourismo are still brewed in Davutpas, and in Hoshder, they are painted and assembled. A body intercity Intouro come to Turkey from Germany.
After modernization, the plant in Hoshder turned into a full-fledged assembly plant with welding, painting and assembly. The modernization of the plant took 75 million euros. This is half of all investments for the last 10 years directed by DaimlerChrysler AG to develop bus production in the homeland of Ataturk. As a result of the expansion of production, the total area of the plant in Hochder is now 360 000 m², of which 115 000 m² - under the roof, the enterprise employs 2,055 people.
2006 - in Turkey they assembled the flagship Mercedes-Benz MB Travego, which is assembled on a full cycle in Hoshder. The local market actively responded to the novelty and the plant has already received 550 orders!
At the enterprises of Mercedes-Benz Turk A.S. employs 2,055 people.
Since 2007 MB Intour has been discontinued, the Davutpash plant has been sold and will be closed in 2007.
The Mercedes range includes all modern bus classes:
- mini buses Sprinter, Vario, Medio;
- city models Cito, Citaro, Conecto (modifications C, G, O);
- commuter Integro (H, L series), Citaro (U, LU, GU, MU), Conecto (U, H, E modifications);
- tourist Tourino, Travego (RH, RHD, L, M), Tourismo (RHD, SHD), Intouro (RH, RHD).
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, front-engined mini-buses belonging to the lightweight class with a gross weight of 2.8 to 4.6 tons, created on the frame chassis of a delivery truck.
Mercedes-Benz Vario was created in 1996 on the chassis of the family of commercial vans Vario-814D and are intended for commuter traffic or as school buses, as well as fixed-route taxis.
Mercedes-Benz Medio, intercity buses of the middle class with the original panel-frame body of the wagon line-up. There are 2 versions of Medio: Classic for 25 passengers with a comfortable cabin; and a commuter version of the Eco, with a more utilitarian saloon with 31 seats.
Mercedes-Benz Citaro, a family of low-floor city and suburban buses. Includes biaxial solo models (C-urban, U and MU-suburban), a three-axle 15-meter Citaro L and articulated G-model, and a new 13.1-meter suburban Citaro MU.
Mercedes-Benz Conecto includes urban solo model C (another index O345G) and articulated model G, as well as suburban (U and H) and school (E and ME).
Mercedes-Benz Intouro, tourist buses produced by Mercedes-Benz Turk A.S., intended for export.
Mercedes-Benz Tourismo, a family of long-distance and tourist buses of high comfort, produced by Mercedes-Benz Turk A.S.
Mercedes-Benz Travego, the flagship tourist cruiser of the VIP class. The Travego family consists of a biaxial model of 15 RH and three-axle 15 RHD, 17 RHD. In 2004, the family replenished with a 12.8-meter version of Travego M (16 RHD).